Active Duty Sailor and Surgeon
- 1994-1995 Spinal Associates of North Central Florida
- 1989-1994 Montefiore Medical Center, NY
- 1988-1989 Montefiore Medical Center
- 1988 Michigan State University
Medical Technology Intern
- 1983 Medical Technology Intern
- 1980 The University of Michigan - Flint, MI
- 1977 Andrews University - Barrien Springs, MI
Dr. Fernandez is extremely proud of his military service, and has received many awards and recognitions for his servitude. He states that his most memorable honor was an appreciation award from a U.S. Special Forces Group.
Dr. Fernandez is FOA's only bilingual (Spanish and English) speaking orthopedic/spine surgeon. He enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, as well as participating as both elder and lay minister in his church. The Fernandez family is dedicated to helping others, as is especially shown through their involvement in mission work (where they often accompany teens) to assist in other countries, such as Africa and the Dominican Republic.