Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship
- 1997-1998 Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- 1993-1997 McLaren Regional Medical Center, Flint
General Surgery Internship
- 1992-1993 McLaren Regional Medical Center, Flint
- 1988-1992 Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- 1985-1987 The University of California, Santa Barbara
- 1982-1985 Santa Monica College, CA
Dr. Yap worked with several of FOA's surgeons during his residency and agreed to become a partner of FOA upon graduation. His specialties include sports medicine, adult reconstruction, hand, shoulder and knee surgery. He works in the Lapeer office, but has privileges to perform surgeries at Flint and Lapeer hospitals, including various surgery centers.
Dr. Yap enjoys interacting with his local community through activities, and has participated as team physician for several different surrounding schools. He enjoys playing sports such as golf, volleyball, softball and swimming. Furthermore, he has a fine appreciation for music, as well as classic and contemporary movies.